Registrations for the 2018 Tourism Summit Aotearoa are now open
8 November 2018, Te Papa, Wellington
2017 attendee comments
“The calibre of speakers was excellent and is why I try to get to these as much as I can”
“Great topics for discussion and an excellent variety of view point.”
TIA’s Tourism Summit Aotearoa is the largest national annual event that brings together business and government leaders from all sectors of New Zealand’s big and fast-growing tourism industry.
This year’s event focuses on destination stewardship and how tourism can work with a broad range of stakeholders to sustain and enhance communities throughout Aotearoa – economically, environmentally, culturally and socially.
We will also focus on the industry’s growth framework, and what we need to do to grow sustainably beyond 2025.
The 2018 Tourism Summit Aotearoa will challenge your thinking and encourage you to push the boundaries so you’ll be prepared to meet the future head on. Featuring a stimulating mix of international and local speakers, this is your opportunity to keep up to date with important developments, ask industry leaders the hard questions and network with your industry peers.
The day will be split in to three key themes:
- What are we doing well?
- Where are we going?
- What could we do better – what lessons can we learn?
- How well are we connecting with our communities?
- What are we doing to sustain our industry, now and for future generations?
- How can we tell our story better?
- Celebrate our success and learn from it!
The Tourism Summit Aotearoa is proudly brought to you by Tourism Industry Aotearoa – the voice of New Zealand’s tourism industry.
- We lead implementation of the industry’s Tourism 2025 growth framework.
- We lobby local and central government to shape policies and create an environment that helps our industry grow and flourish.
- We provide leadership on matters that impact on the competitiveness and success of the tourism industry.
- We deliver a comprehensive and diverse range of industry events including TRENZ, New Zealand Hotel Industry Conference, New Zealand Tourism Awards, Discussing Tourism regional events and the Tourism Summit Aotearoa.